Monday, April 29, 2013

Jason's Miracles!

It's been a roller-coaster ride over the past few weeks.
From the abyss to cloud 9.
I am still in disbelief.
Yes...it's a miracle.....No... it's a chain of miraculous events.
Towards the end of March, Jason was clearly deteriorating.....flexed knees, spastic hands, bedwetting, beginning of pressure sores, less talking, always sleepy with droopy heads. Then come the muscle spasms and epilepsy as revealed by the EEG which may indicate, as pointed by another very resourceful ABR mother, a rare condition called "Continuous Spike-Wave in Slow Wave Sleep Syndrome" (CSWS).  I never heard about this before but it can be a new direction to look at.  After I got in touch with Dr. William Dobyns from Seattle Children's Hospital, his assistant started to connect with me to collect DNA samples so they can do some genes matching, while trying to get all the udpated MRI and images from the neurologist in Hong Kong.  Everyone's goal, at this point, is to try and understand a little more about Jason's condition.  Nothing is mentioned about treatment, other than the vicious prescription given by the minimally-informed pediatrician on call.

On the other hand, we started giving Jason the cell salts (minerals) as per Alex's latest instruction on April 2, topped up with coconut oil-powder combo.  I diarized his changes every day and starting April 13, his muscle spasm stopped....and until now, it has never come back.  Not only that, he seems to be more alert and present.  Today, he's "talking" to me.  He was totally alert when I was talking and was exhilarated to know that I am "talking" to him.

Like Alex,we were at a loss of what was happening.  We can't explain what we see.  If his brain was truly shrinking, then there must be something we did right during the past few weeks that succeeded to arrest or even reverse that process.  All I can think of were 1) Everyone's prayers.....right when we had almost lost our hopes and when we shouted to the Lord, He listened. 2) Cell salts to the rescue 3) Magic of coconut oil.
All of the above did not involve any drugs, nor surgery, nor forceful intervention and we witnessed the return of my dear son.  This is nothing short of a miracle.

Adding to the above miraculous "healing"..... God has planned another miraculous encounter.
It was last Thursday when I met this lady on the MTR ride back to Tsuen Wan.
This lady bumped into an acquaintance on the train and she was telling what she was doing and that she was visiting old people with strokes and providing Tui Na (traditional Chinese manual therapy) and/or acupuncture service. Instinctively I extended the antennae on my head and listened to her attentively.  When I heard her saying the ONLY criterion for service is that the recipient has to be physically handicapped, I told myself I HAD TO TALK TO THIS LADY.

When the train stopped at Tsuen Wan, I approached her directly and told her about Jason.  I showed her Jason's picture and immediately told her Jason IS physically handicapped to catch her attention. We exchanged business cards and she turned out to be the General Secretary of  "Leisure & Health LifeHouse" 樂健生活館  under the FTU Employment Development Service which is sponsored by one of the biggest political party in Hong Kong. I believe she is the trainer there as well and she agreed to visit Jason to see what she can do to help him.

Ever since Jason's deterioration began, we were looking for different ways to help Jason (including stem cell therapy) and acupuncture was back in our mind.  But daddy thought the benefits may not worth the hassle of travelling back and forth so mommy was googling like crazy hoping to find a good one near where we live, to no avail.  God knows what I want and He grants me MORE than what I asked for.  She sent this lady to our door.

When this lady visited us last Saturday, she performed two full hours of tuina, focusing on important meridians to boost Jason's "qi" (energy) and to relax his muscles.  After it's finished, Jason was so relaxed he fell asleep like a baby.  Jason's auntie and cousin were there and their jaws were dropped when they saw Jason's usually tight legs relax with knees open outward. What's more miraculous is that, she charged me just a fraction of what's considered a "fair price" and she even gave us a box of Godiva chocolate as a gift.

Today is the second day following the massage session and Jason was not fatigued like before.
As I said earlier, Jason all "here" and was "talking" to me.
I am thankful.
God has once again shown His glory through our weaknesses, and through Jason.

Just did a quick google search for the meaning of the name "Jason",  it says:

Meaning of Jason: "the Lord is salvation" or "healer".

I did not know that when I decided to use this name.
Was this coincidence or was it all in the divine plan of God?
God knows.  I mean......God knows.

2 comments:

  1. i had tears in my eyes reading your post Lilian > God is great , I am so happy for you and Jason . i pray that he continue to improve and feel better . Well done mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. pray for you, God bless your family, I have to learn from you , Lilian.
    KK

    ReplyDelete