Beth, my live-in caregiver has been away for just 2 weeks and we are feeling the impact...big time. My good old pain in the neck and back and legs due to inflammation of the muscles, joints, tendons are all coming back. The extreme fatigue that hit me reminded me cruelly that I was a cancer a patient....that I am still recovering.....that I'd better take things easy.
I've always appreciated Beth's arrival to our family, her hard work, her attitude, her "simple-ness", her good heart. I did not wait until now to know how valuable she is to our family. But there were times when I thought we could still run this house without a helper. After all, the additional monthly expense is quite considerable. However, after just 2 weeks without her, we had to seriously reconsider this possibility. What's going to happen when Beth leaves after the contract expires? Can't even imagine.
I admire all of you parents out there who are working moms, AND at the same time taking care of the basic daily needs of your special children, AND doing ABR on them. Kudos to you. This week, I had to give in to my pains and stop all ABR effort other than the machines. After all, I had to save myself before I can save my child right?
Wow lillian, I hope your helper is coming back soon. Does CCAC give you a PSW or a nurse for some respite.
ReplyDeleteI am happy that you finally realize you have to take it easy, please take care of yourself first in order to take gooood care of little J*. anyway, just make sure that you dont have to make me worried.
ReplyDelete