After only about 2 weeks of ball rolling, we already noticed some changes in his mobility. There is nothing that WOWs yet, (like from not walking to walking....an off-topic: I remember when I started actively doing treatments/therapy for Jason, I would be approached with questions like "did he walk yet?" "did he get better?" each time I came back from a trip...as if walking is a switch that can be turned on and off. In face of questions like these, I was usually awed by the simple-mind that the inquirer had....and even though I may have given them a response (whatever that is), deep down, it wasn't fun at all because the questions were simply too insensitive.)
Anyway, Jason is definitely a happier boy now that he can toss and turn with better ease in bed. He would roll himself up on his quads in bed, then raise his arms, dive them forward so he would go on a prone position...but only a few seconds, then repeat again. I don't know why he's doing it but it's certainly a lot of fun to watch him enjoying himself. He is crawling with greater confidence too. Although he is still wobbly, he now has more courage to explore and instead of following the usual route along the hallway, he would detour to the bedroom at the other end of the living room...or open a cabinet door or two to find inspirations of the next mischief. Compared to just a while ago when he would be virtually 'locked' in whatever position we safely put him (sitting on his bum) as if he knew his body wasn't up for the challenge...not even crawling.
No comments:
Post a Comment