I have finally organized all the new exercises, and reviewed the assessment DVD, getting geared up for the new rounds of ABR. On the first day, Jason was so cooperative that he let us do 2 hours of ABR (ball-rolling plus manual) on him without a wiggle. The flow of the day went so well that I got into this wishful thinking mode that from now on, days will go on like this. It turns out that any expectation of that sort is nothing but realistic.
We were lucky if we could get an hour of ball-rolling done on his abdomen while he is sleeping. But the back? Don't even think about it. I really don't know why Jason was so cooperative when he's in the Montreal training room. Pure pressure?
ABR aside, Jason has been quite responsive lately. He would be reading the Little Reader binder with me (http://www.brillkids.com/teach-reading/index.php) following words I said, laughing and giggling as I made funny sounds. He is getting humorous too...cracking into his characteristic laughs that are contagious. Ever since his potty debut this February, he finds having a BM in the potty funny. He would laugh when he hears his own poop drop, laugh when he hears his own fart, laugh when he says bye bye to his grandiose production. It's kind of gross to write it down, but when we were there, we just found it super-hilarious. Unfortunately, even though he is now willing to pass on the potty, constipation is not history yet. There are frequent times when we still have to use our last resort (suppository) despite all the other nutritional and supplemental support we've tried. Namely fish oil, flax seed, pro-biotics, aloe vera juice, prune juice, prune/apricot pureé, Lax-a-day,etc.....) We even followed a GFCF diet so the last possible culprit was eliminated.
We will be seeing our naturopath for the second time next month. I hope she will have a more effective protocol for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment