Never had I thought of returning to Hong Kong. I was not keen of the hot and humid weather, nor am I particularly fond of the general mentality of the people there if Hong Kong was a person. But a recent talk with my husband about the possibility of taking Jason back to Hong Kong for another treatment of tongue acupuncture sparked a full-blown research of the education system in HK, their medical and social welfare support for kids with special needs, even details such as accessibility of their transportation system etc... The more information I gathered, the more positive is the sign, which is contrary to what many people believe. (a general tendency is to think that Canada provides better social assistance, which is only partially true). I am very surprised by how much has changed over the past 10 years. What's the most important is that they have fully-supported special schools for each catchment area...which as I wrote in a previous post, is a more suitable setting for Jason than an "inclusive" environment yet lacking the support.
Other important issues such as job opportunities for us, places to live etc...will get sorted out in due course. In fact, I already have a plan in my mind, which is to start up my own Kindermusik Class in Hong Kong. Apparently, the enthusiasm in enrolling their children in extra-curricular classes is a phenomenon in Hong Kong unseen in other countries. I was a licensed educator back in 2004 and taught for about a year until I stayed home full-time with Jason again. After inquiring about my license status, I just found that I have a deadline until next year to renew my license without doing everything again. I can't help but praise the Lord for His foresight. What He has prepared me a few years back, is now becoming essential for my future. I don't know what will happen when we return to Hong Kong, but more and more signs are telling me our upcoming return is in His master plan. As long as we follow His guidance, He will continue to bless our family and that I am sure.
.
yeah yeah, Praise the Lord for His great plan. "不要怕, 因我與你同在!"
ReplyDelete