Wednesday, February 15, 2012

To do or not to do, that's the question

Can't believe I haven't touched the blog for more than a year - the year when we returned the whole family from Toronto to Hong Kong. So many great things happened and so much to share, but too little time. I began to work again after being a stay-home mom for ten years, and that's a big adjustment for me and Jason.

But what's most unbelievable is that, ABR came to Hong Kong with me! What kind of good luck is that? We had our first satellite session last week and it felt great to be able to do that. No more long-distance driving, no more snow-covered roads. Just a relatively easy subway ride. Then Sarah reminded me of this blog, so here I am again.

Just as we are learning the new ABR techniques, we saw the neurologist in Hong Kong to open a file for Jason. Here in HK, the neurology team is divided into the neuro-motor/rehab team and the diagnostic team. This doctor we saw yesterday is responsible for the diagnostic team. He suggested that we do a lumbar puncture to help give us more information about his condition. he also mentioned dystonia. This is the first time a Dr. used "dystonia" to describe Jason's movement disorders. At the time he said it, I wasn't sure I agreed with his observation. But after some research, I can see where he's coming from. He also suggested possible administration of dopa drug. On the other hand, he said the chance we yield any conclusive dx is less than 5%.

Here the decision is ours to make. To do or not to do? That's the question.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck I hate those kind of decisions not sure. Glad to see your blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry,
      Sorry I didn't realize you've been and are still following my blog. I've been so busy and haven't been blogging for ages. This is my attempt to return...hope it will last...: )

      Delete