Efforts won't be wasted, so true. Over the past few days, we've noticed some noticeable changes in Jason.
In the previous post, I was mentioning things we used to do to help him. So this past week, I have been digging mentally into my "medicine box" and see what else can be done to help my boy.
I used some of Svea's neurodevelopmental exercise for vision such as pleoptics, pupil stimulation etc... I used Bonnie Brandon's Reflex Integration Protocol with Cold Laser Light Therapy. ABR is finally a routine now for Jason, both intense ball and supercharged ball rolling. On the nutritional support side, I also gave him Methylcobalamin (B12) which seems to boost his energy up. On top of that is the regular administration of Alex Sutton's cell salts, fish oil, Magnesium Citrate, and probiotics. I am still looking for a supplement for his eyes to hopefully slow down the atrophy.
In a nutshell, the observations over the past 4 days are noticeable and more than just subtle.
- He held a bun in his left hand while we pushed him on his pushchair. he was able to feed himself while the chair is in motion, and he did it marvellously clean and the eye-hand-mouth are amazingly well-coordinated.
- Instead of bending his head and upper trunk, he was able to prop up in a nice position and keep his head up.
- When we went home in a taxi at night, he was sitting up tall and looked outside the window paying attention to the night views
- He said bye bye to me without me asking for it. (Usually I had to ask and wait for more than 30 sec to get a response and sometimes I won't even get a response.)
- He was helping actively when we put on his jacket. I asked him to sit up straighter and he responded by propping his trunk up.
- He was rolling over the bed for one roll...something he hasn't done for months.
- Daddy saw him propping up in a 4-point crawling position in bed....the day after I did the Landau reflex and the STNR with laser ....coincidence?
Anyway, I am grateful to God that I feel we're back in the driver's seat, that we can still do something about Jason's progress. But that means we can never stop. As the name of our blog says it right. After all, it's a miracle.........in progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment