I was organizing some old VHS videos and their digitized version yesterday and had so much fun looking at baby Jason. In this video, I was asking him to let go of his hands and stand up tall. And he did it....just like that. He was such an adorable kid by all standard and even though he was considered developmentally delayed at that time (2 1/2 years old), his alertness and responsiveness made it quite hard to associate that with "mental retardation".
When I watched these videos two years ago, I'd feel quite sad as if he has "lost" some of his skills. But today when I watched them again, I didn't have quite the same feeling. I feel so blessed that I was able to capture those precious moments for memory, just like any parents would enjoy watching the toddler videos of their grown-up kids while commenting on how they have changed for the worse as they grew up.
Next week, he'll be having another MRI and we may be closer in finding a diagnosis for him. No matter what happens, Jason is a blessed kid in a blessed family and that will not change.
No comments:
Post a Comment