In the world of special needs, there is a list of acronyms so frequently used in our repertoire that I often mistakenly assume that they're as universally understood as "ASAP". So I thought, maybe it's a good idea to compile such a list in my blog so that if you are talking to me and one of these acronyms pop out from my mouth, at least you'll know what I mean.
AAC - Augmentative Alternative Communication
ABA - Applied Behavioral Analysis
ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder
ASD - Autism Spectrum Disorder
AT - Assistive Technology
CP - Cerebral Palsy
EA - Education Assistant
IEP - Individual Education Plan
IPRC - Identification, Placement, and Review Committee
OT - Occupational Therapy
PSW - Personal Support Worker
PT - Physical Therapy
SLP - Speech Language Pathologist (which is used interchangeably with Speech Therapist)
SPD - Sensory Processing Disorder
Good List
ReplyDeleteGreat post. AND great blog. I admire your tenacity and agree that the mainstream is sadly lacking when it comes to healing neurological issues. There is so much they don't know.
ReplyDelete