I cannot believe I just made another big-ticket purchase of almost $6000. This time for a scalar wave laser package. This is a hand-held cold laser device that is supposed to have therapeutic value. The laser (light) that comes out from the unit is supposed to stimulate functions at the cellular level, reverse stress, and bring about rejuvenation of tissues, cells, glands, etc.. More interestingly, Bonnie Brandes uses laser to carry out the reflex integration program. http://www.reflexintegration.net/QRI.html
Long time ago, I have read about the relation between retained reflexes and learning from Sally Goddard Blythe's book Reflexes, Learning And Behavior so I am familiar with the principles behind reflex integration. Simply said, if a child has any "retained" reflexes, i.e. reflexes that should only be present at a certain age, that means part of his nervous system has not completely matured and his learning and behaviour would be adversely affected in one way or another. These effects range from lack of attention, poor balance, hyperactivity, poor visual/auditory processing etc...Yet, after years of neurodevelopmental programming with Jason we can't seem to reach our goal. When my friend's baby came to our house the other day, I noticed the baby's Moro Reflex was exactly the same as Jason's startle response. It reminded me about reflex integration again and that I really have to work on it one way or another. Then comes Bonnie Brandes.
Using cold laser as a tool is unheard of but after hearing from many parents who all have very positive things to say, I decide to go for it. Yes it's expensive. But it works as multipurpose cuz it's supposed to alleviate back pain, neck pain, tendonitis etc...so it definitely has its value in my house (LOL). Oh, after hearing a friend who just spent $6000 on a set of allegedly chemical-free cookware set, I feel so much better about spending this money. So looking forward for it to arrive.
No comments:
Post a Comment