I came across this video from another blog I was following. This was made for the AAC awareness month. (recall: AAC means Alternative Augmentative Communications)
Yes, many of our kids and even young adults who are restricted in their wheelchair, with what appears to be uncontrollable limb movements, limited vocal, not to say speech development, and add to that, big soaked bibs hanging embarrassingly from their neck, are often misunderstood to be unable to communicate at all. But with the help of AAC, these kids are empowered with a voice, and they can express their thoughts like you and me. Not only that, they can have a dream, they can have an ambition!
This video was just so overwhelming, powerful, inspiring...I don't know of any good words to describe it. Just watch this till the end if you have time. Hope you can feel the power.
No comments:
Post a Comment