I have diligently gone through the reflex integration program prepared by Bonnie Brandes. It was a well-written handbook with lots of information about reflex and how it affects daily functions. I realized that Jason has many of the retained reflexes that make him unable to perform many tasks. For example, the Moro reflex is like a startle reflex that is triggered when there is a sudden loud noise. Instead of filtering the noise, Jason would paralyze with a blank stare, and stop whatever he is doing, and may even break into tears. We saw this since he was very young. It went away for a while when we were into the 2nd cycle of g-therapy but sneaked back in without any triggers.
So the first reflex we are dealing with using the cold laser is Moro. I have done this for 2 weeks by now. We did notice he crawls with better confidence. Balance is better but not good enough to allow independent crawling. But the "intentions" to move are definitely better. We didn't test his Moro reflex yet but noticed some changes that may or may not be related to this. He was sticking out his tongue more (with ease and longer) and would observe the environment more. For example, we were at the same Walmart that he's been going for years. But today, he suddenly got curious and looked up to the ceiling and started observing what's up there. (turned out it was the big circular vent). He did that the other day too at another place but I did not take note and forgot where it was.
Anyway, I am not supposed to see complete integration to happen so fast but I was told subtle changes will start to surface. Hopefully we are on the right track so my big investment into this laser is well justified.
No comments:
Post a Comment